BMK Glycidate, BMK Powder, BMK Methyl glycidate.
BMK Glycidic Acid (sodium salt) is an analytical reference standard categorized as a precursor in the synthesis of phenylacetone. This product is intended for research and forensic applications.
- Additional information
BMK Glycidate (sodium salt) Product Information
|Product Name:||2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylic acid|
|Synonyms:||BMK Glycidic Acid (sodium salt);sodium,2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylic acid;2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylic acid|
|Boiling Point:||334.3ºC at 760 mmHg|
what is bmk powder used for/bmk glycidic acid uses
2-Methyl-3-phenyloxirene-2-carboxylic acid can be used as an intermediate in organic synthesis and pharmaceutical intermediates, mainly used in laboratory research and development processes and pharmaceutical and chemical production processes.
Here are some of its common uses:
- Pharmaceutical Intermediary: BMK glycidic acid serves as an important intermediate in the synthesis of pharmaceutical compounds. It can be utilized in the production of a variety of drugs, including analgesics, antipyretics, and anti-inflammatory medications.
- Chemical Synthesis: BMK glycidic acid is used as a building block or starting material in organic synthesis. It can undergo various chemical reactions, such as esterification or amidation, to produce a wide range of compounds with desired properties or functionalities.
- Fragrance and Flavor Industry: BMK glycidic acid can be employed in the fragrance and flavor industry as a precursor to produce aromatic compounds. It can contribute to the creation of specific scents or flavors in perfumes, colognes, and food products.
- Research and Development: This compound is frequently utilized in research and development studies to investigate its chemical properties, reactivity, and potential applications in different fields. It can be employed as a reference compound or standard for analytical purposes.
- Chemical Education: BMK glycidic acid may also find use in chemical education and laboratory settings. It can be utilized as a teaching tool to demonstrate various chemical reactions or as a starting material for student experiments.
what is bmk powder
BMK (benzyl methyl ketone, also called Phenylacetone) is the main precursor for the production of amphetamine.