Lysergic acid methyl ester product information
Lysergic acid methyl ester(CAS 4579-64-0) is an analogue of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). It is a member of the tryptamine family and is extremely uncommon. It acts on the 5-HT receptors in the brain, as do most tryptamines.
The following is its detailed product information:
- Product Name: D-Lysergic acid methyl ester
- Synonyms: D-Lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide tartrate; LSD tartrate,d; N,N-Diethyl-D-lysergamid-tartrate;D-Lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate; LSD 25 tartrate;6-methyl-9,10-didehydro-ergoline-8-carboxylic acid methyl ester; lysergic acid diethylamide bitartrate; Lysergide tartrate; D-LSD tartrate;lysergic acid methyl ester
- CAS NO: 4579-64-0
- EINECS: 224-964-9
- Molecular Formula: C17H18N2O2
- Molecular Weight: 282.34
- Melting point: 164-166 °C(Solv: benzene (71-43-2))
- Boiling point: 469.0±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density: 1.30±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Appearance: White powder
A process for preparing lysergic acid esters of the formula R’COOR wherein R is alkyl of up to 3 carbon atoms, comprises reacting corresponding lysergic acid or isolysergic acid amides with corresponding alcohols at temperatures of 0 deg. to 65 deg. C. for 2 to 30 hours in the presence of acid at a pH value of 0-1.
Of course, this is only a method in the traditional sense, and more experiments are needed to confirm the specific operation.
D-Lysergic Acid Methyl Ester is used in preparing Serotonin agonists. It is an impurity of Lysergic Acid (L488000). Lysergic Acid and Iso-lysergic Acid are the primary cleavage products formed on alkaline hydrolysis of the alkaloids which are characteristic of ergot. Potent hallucinogen; non-selective serotonin receptor agonist.
Currently known uses are:
- Serotonin receptor modulators
Where you can find the raw material for your chemical research?
As a professional supplier of chemical raw materials, WGP may be your choice. We have professional research laboratories and strong productivity, and our sales agents are available online 24 hours a day.
Our products are exported well to the USA, CA, AU, NL, NZ, IT, FR, GER, MX, US, GR and many other areas in recent years. If you are looking for D-Lysergic Acid Methyl Ester raw material, contact us right now.